- Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO)
- Provincial Associations of Optometry
- Provincial Paraoptometric Associations
- Schools and Colleges of Optometry
- American Optometric Association (AOA)
- American Academy of Optometry
- Optometric Extension Program Foundation (OEP)
- College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD)
- US State Optometric Associations
- Accredited/Recognized paraoptometric institutions
- Providers pre-approved by CAO.
Courses accredited by the following are also acceptable:
- Any optometric regulatory authority (e.g., a provincial college of optometry)
- American Optometric Association’s Commission on Paraoptometric Certification (AOA-CPC)
- American Board of Opticianry (ABO)
- Council on Optometric Practitioner Education (COPE)
- Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology (JCAHPO)
- National Contact Lens Examiners (NCLE)
- Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation and Education Professionals (ACVREP)
Approval may also be granted to the following on a case by case basis:
- Accredited educational institutions
- Local paraoptometric associations
- Industry-related businesses/institutions
- Qualified individuals who lecture, present workshops, or author published articles
If an organization wishes to be able to offer accredited CE courses to CCOAs, the following information must be forwarded to Danielle Paquette, CCOA Program Manager, at email@example.com :
- The course outline, handouts, or PowerPoint file.
- The agenda, indicating the length of each lecture. Credit will not be extended for coffee or meal breaks, so please be sure that the agenda provides that type of information, if applicable.
- The credentials of the speaker(s). This may take the form of a resume, biography, or curriculum vitae.
- The expected course date(s) and city/province(s).
Course approval normally takes 1-2 weeks, so please plan accordingly. You will be required to provide CCOAs with proof of attendance as they will need this to submit their CE activity to the CAO.
Courses are approved for a period of three years. After the expiry, courses must be re-approved using the procedures described above.
If you have any further questions, please contact Danielle Paquette, CCOA Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.