About the program
The Canadian Certified Optometric Assistant (CCOA) program is an online education program that gives optometric assistants the skills and knowledge they need to contribute to a thriving optometric practice.
Available exclusively to employees of CAO members, the CCOA program focuses on key skills in customer service, office organization, technical know-how, and industry trends and best practices.Learn More
The easiest and most effective way to train your optometric staff!
Why choose CCOA?
For Employees and Students
- Better understanding of the significant role you play in providing great quality eye care for patients of all ages.
- Be more productive and confident in your work.
- Advance your career by developing new skills and staying up to date on current techniques and best practices.
- Learn how to better relate to your clients and understand their needs for the best customer service experience.
- Access to special CCOA member programs and offerings.
- Help your employees reach their full potential.
- Foster an atmosphere of continual learning and professional development.
- Build a team focused on providing great customer experiences.
- Advance your practice by providing the best quality care through knowledgeable and skilled staff.
"Over the past few years, six of my team members went through the CCOA program, and I have had nothing but excellent feedback. The program provides context for why we do things in a particular way, and helped team members build their confidence to deliver quality service in practice. The CCOA program is an excellent training tool which continues to stimulate good conversation. I strongly recommend it to help bring your team members to the next level!"