Last Updated: November 28, 2022
Your eyes, like the rest of your body, benefit when you eat well. There are some foods that are particularly good for your eyes and offer nutrients and vitamins your eyes need to stay healthy. If your diet includes orange peppers, kale, spinach, berries, and kiwis, you're on the right track.
Quick Facts About Eyes and Food
- Foods rich in foods rich in lutein, zeaxanthin, and vitamin C, like orange peppers can keep eyes sharp.
- Kiwi is the highest fruit source of vitamin C, making it the top eye food in the fruit category.
- Fish with high levels of omega-3 fatty acids can help prevent Age-Related Macular Degeneration.
- Diets excessively high in sugar and refined carbohydrates are a risk factor for cataracts.
- Try to mix 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed or wheat germ into your daily diet for a big boost of eye nutrients.