At CAO we work to help you become more successful in your practice. From educating the public, government and insurance companies, to developing research and practice guidelines, we are here to serve you.
CAO Membership, available only through your provincial association, allows you to contribute and connect with colleagues from across the country through events, education, conferences, publications, research and networking.
CAO offers complimentary membership to students. If you are enrolled in a recognized school of optometry in Canada or the United States, contact the CAO today.
- Have your practice listed through the national online "Find a Doc" search tool
- Have your voice heard. We get in front of the right people to make things happen
- Stay current through publications including a free subscription to the Canadian Journal of Optometry and monthly member newsletter, Contact
- Educate your staff through the certified Canadian Optometric Assistant (CCOA) program
- Access the member website - including, resource library, private messaging, and much more
- Post jobs on our job board
- Rely on us to conduct research, develop national policies and convene optometric leaders
Enjoy special rates and discounts:
- Best in class Professional Liability Insurance (except Québec and Ontario where provincial programs exist)
- Private label lens and frame programs
- Home and Auto Insurance
- TD Bank Financial Services for Optometrists and Optometry Students
- TD Merchant Solutions
- Practice website development
If you are a doctor of optometry in Canada and not currently a member of CAO, please contact your provincial association and register now. Provincial contact details can be found HERE