- Have your practice listed through the national online Find a Doc search tool.
- Have your voice heard. We get in front of the right people to make things happen.
- Stay current through publications including a free subscription to the Canadian Journal of Optometry and weekly member newsletter, Contact.
- Educate your staff through the certified Canadian Optometric Assistant (CCOA) program.
- Access the member website - including, resource library, private messaging, and much more.
- Post jobs on our Job Board.
- Rely on us to conduct research, develop national policies and convene optometric leaders.
Special rates and discounts:
- Best in class Professional Liability Insurance (except Québec and Ontario where provincial programs exist)
- Private label lens and frame programs
- The Personal Home and Auto Insurance
- TD Bank Financial Services for Optometrists and Optometry Students
- TD Merchant Solutions
Are you a student?
Learn more about our Student Membership.
At CAO, we work to help you become more successful in your practice.
From advocating on your behalf with government, educating the public, developing research and practice guidelines, working to modernize the insurance industry, and providing opportunities for networking, we are here to serve you.