We are seeking an energetic addition to our team at our Manitoba Clinic location for part-full time employment as an Optometry Office Assistant.
This position requires exceptional interpersonal, communication and time management skills. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner who is eager to be cross trained in different areas around the office!
While working under the supervision of a licensed optometrist and optician, you will have an array of responsibilities that include the following:
- Patient reception
- Conducting preliminary vision tests prior to the eye health examination
- Neutralization, repair, and adjustment of eyeglasses
- Providing patients with ophthalmic frame and lens recommendations
- Placing patient lens orders with our labs
- Patient instruction for contact lens insertion, removal and hygiene
- Managing effective patient recall systems
This position is ideal for optician students or those interested in the optical and optometry field. Experience is preferred.
At our office we offer:
- Weekends and statutory holidays off
- Two weeks paid vacation after one year of employment
- Free eye exams and glasses annually
- Extended health benefits plan
- Opportunities for career growth and development including certification in optometric assisting or becoming a licensed optician
Hours per week: 30 hours (approximately)
Start date: April 01/2021
Please submit resumes to email@example.com