Description: Oscar Wylee is an Australian Optical company with a strong vision of continued improvements and growth. Since 2012 we have grown our network to over 70 stores across 3 countries. With our continued growth, we are excited to come to Canada!
We listen, we care & we always want to be better!
Oscar Wylee values long lasting customer relationships and wants to build customer loyalty, as such in addition to conducting exceptional clinical examination and diagnosis, optometrists are expected to provide personable after clinic care and work closely with the team. Optometrist responsibilities and duties include but not limited to:
Clinical and customer care:
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times.
- Build customer loyalty and build positive rapport with customers
- Engage with patients to understand patients vision history, concern and needs
- Perform eye examination using instruments and equipment
- Analyze test results and patient’s history
- Determine eye health, diagnose problem or impairments
Provide treatment plan
- Ability to discuss with patients/customers anatomy of the eye
- Prescribe corrective lenses and offer different products suitable for their needs
- Explain benefit of products available and counsel corrective use
- Educate patients on eye care, such as advice on lighting, hygiene and visual habits.
- Refer patients to ophthalmologist or other health care practitioners if determined necessary.
- Offer and schedule follow up consultation
- Maintain up to date knowledge of workings of the eye, disease, treatment and visual testing systems
- Proper use and maintenance of instruments and equipment.
- Hold a valid registration license with a relevant professional body.
Degree in Optometry
a Licensed Optometrist in the Province of Alberta, Canada
At Least 2- 3 years prior experience working as an optometrist