Position Title: Manager, Vision at Work
Term: Full-Time Permanent
Reports to: CEO
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Manager holds responsibility for sales and management of the VAW program. This includes overseeing all aspects of the program implementation and delivery, including liaison with client’s suppliers and member Optometrists offices. It is the manager’s responsibility to grow the business profitably while ensuring the highest standards in product service and delivery are maintained. The Manager will maintain ongoing professional relations with all stakeholders, including participating optometrists, clients, suppliers and the public as end users.
- Source and contact prospects, providing program details, providing cost benefits and product information.
- Assist the client in implementing their company’s prescription safety glasses policy through proper product selection and restrictions based on task specific requirements and workplace assessment.
- Produce custom order/authorization forms tailored to the client’s specific program.
- Assist the client with employee compliance.
- Advise clients and providers of product and industry developments.
- Participate as a voting member in the Canadian Standards Association Z.94.3 eye and face protection technical committee
- Attend pertinent industry trade shows and conferences.
- Prepare sales and financial management reports.
- Negotiate supplier service agreements and contracts.
- Direct design and production of marketing and promotional materials.
- Receive and review incoming sales orders, ensuring compliance with client programs.
- Reroute order forms to contracted lab for production.
- Create optical frame orders.
- Maintain client files and contact information.
- Create Member files and assist in ensuring an accurate database.
- Maintain order files and ensure timely delivery of products
- Communicate with dispensing offices
- Communication with contracted optical lab as needed
- Answer general inquiries from member’s offices and end users.
- Ship in house frame sales to members offices
- Create and deliver client invoicing and statements.
- Receive and report client receipts.
- Communicate and collect overdue client invoices.
- Undergraduate degree in management or equivalent
- A sales background, preferably in the optical field would be a strong asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, problem solving and planning skills.
- Display time management skills, ability to establish priorities and work to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to take independent action.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other desktop applications.
- Experience using information technology to research, respond to requests.
- An understanding of optical and dispensing procedures.
- An understanding of optical lab manufacturing processes.
- French spoken and written communication skills would be a plus
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.