Founded in 2000, Clearly is on a mission is to eradicate poor vision in the world by 2050 - the world’s largest unaddressed disability. Clearly serves this mission and the community every day by providing the most accessible, affordable, and stylish optical products on the market. Vancouver born and bred, Clearly was the first Canadian retailer to offer eyewear online and has now grown to be a recognized global leader in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of glasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses. We are proud of our dynamic team members who work every day to fulfill our mission, and we celebrate their diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives that allow Clearly to be a Great Place to Work™.
We are very lucky to offer several incredible opportunities to join our team, and we are currently recruiting for a mission driven Licensed Optician to join our Calgary retail location at Chinook Centre!
What does one (perfect) workday look like?
Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be working in collaboration with the retail team and our Optometrists. As Optician, you will proactively assist our customers in finding their perfect pair of eyeglasses, and you will suggest appropriate products in consideration of lens type, material and coating. You will assist customers by taking their eyeglasses measurements, you will fit and dispense contact lenses, and you will adjust and repair eyeglasses. You will be a subject matter expert in the store, sharing your knowledge on product information, and always going the extra mile to ensure customers have a smooth transition from the exam room to the sales floor. You will also be responsible for processing customer orders and will serve as the final champion in inspecting each order and validating its quality.
Lastly, you will work to establish and maintain best practices when it comes to optical troubleshooting and repairing and adjusting frames. Your feedback will be highly valued as we work to continuously improve our processes, procedures and working environment. You will work in collaboration with the retail team and own the technical development of our retail staff through cross-training methods.
Your main KPIs?
- Sales Targets
- Clinic Capacity
- Clinic Conversion
- Average Order Value
- Customer Satisfaction
Why we want you?
- Because our mission to eradicate poor vision is now your mission too
- Because you know what you’re talking about and you have the technical experience training to be an Optician
- Because you are someone motivated to make an impact on the quality of life for millions of people
- Because you are open-minded, adaptable, and have a passion for the optical industry
- Because you have a genuine commitment to customer service and making a difference in people’s lives
- Because you have strong communication and sales skills
- Because you are flexible with your schedule and are available to work evenings, weekends and some holidays
- Because you are eager to act as an ambassador for Clearly by professionally representing our brand
What is in it for you?
- You will be part of a purpose driven team that is making a difference – improving lives by improving sight
- Clearly will help you save for your future with 100% matching through our Employee Shareholding and Retirement Savings plans
- Opportunities to volunteer and support Clearly’s philanthropic initiatives
- A total rewards package that includes extended medical benefits, dental benefits, vision care, and an annual flex spending account
- Opportunities for personal and career development, and an annual education allowance
- 50% employee discounts on clearly.ca for you, your friends, and your family
- A company that celebrates its wins and recognizes its highly valued team members
Clearly is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome all applicants regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, political beliefs, family or marital status, religion, physical disability, mental disability, or age. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and we value the different perspectives, opinions, and backgrounds you can bring.
Thank you for your interest in joining team Clearly! Applying for this position will allow you to be part of something incredible. To succeed on our team, you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear. While we thank all candidates that expressed interest in this position, only qualified individuals will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition team.
Chinook Centre, 6455 Macleod Trail
Calgary AB T2H 0K8