Every day 700 Canadian workers sustain eye injuries on the job. Learn how to be safe.
- Avoid or minimize unnecessary hazards by removing falling or loose debris.
- Before starting, make sure that tools work.
- Always check the safety features (machine guards) on equipment before using.
- Make sure that all workers especially volunteers know how to use tools.
- Keep bystanders out of the hazard area.
- Identify the biggest hazards at the site.
- Identify hazards posed by other workers, machinery.
- Wear the proper eye and face protection.
- Make sure your eye protection fits properly and will stay in place.
- Brush, shake, or vacuum dust and debris from hardhats, hair, forehead, or the top of the eye protection before removing the protection.